Lee's Mist Illusion (or punch parry, input b+1+2) parries high and mid punches. When it does, Lee switches sides with his opponent, leaving them back-turned. From this position, Lee can get guaranteed damage with Mist Illusion Kick, or he can do a mixup between fast highs and launching mids.
Mist Illusion Kick
Not always guaranteed
Mist Illusion Kick (b+1+2,p,4) is not guaranteed against:
- Geese, who can beat it with Raging Storm
- Master Raven, who can powercrush or parry it
- Yoshimitsu, who can dodge it
- Xiaoyu, who can parry it
Mist Illusion Kick can wall splat. The type of splat depends on the opponent's actions:
- On counter-hit, it will high splat
- Against B, it will regular splat
- Against D, D/B, or n, it will reverse splat
- Standing turn (B), takes 6 frames, becoming front-turned on frame 4
- Standing jab (1), takes 8 frames, becoming front-turned immediately
- Crouch jab (d+1), takes 10 frames, becoming front-turned immediately
- Crouch turn (D/B), takes 11 frames
- Throw (1+3), takes 12 frames, becoming front-turned immediately, doesn't get counter-hit
|Lee wins, damage/frames from his perspective|
|Unclear or neutral, damage/frames from Lee's perspective|
|Lee loses, damage/frames from opponent's perspective|
|1 4,3,3||8 +8||57 +9d||10 +9||0||7 +8|
|1,2,2,3||17 -13||53 +17a (+8a)||10 +9||0 -13||16 -13|
|2,2,3||49 +17a (+8a)||47 +17a (+8a)||10 +9||0 -13||10 -31|
|d/f+3,2,3||27 +5||-21||27 +5||48 +25a (+15a)||25 +5|
|f+3,3,3,3,3,4||33 +61a (+44a)||0 -18||33 +61a (+44a)||32 +61a (+44a)||32 +61a (+44a)|
|u/f+4||15 +31a (+21a)||0 -13||15 +31a (+21a)||13 +31a (+21a)||13 +31a (+21a)|
- Lee must react and stop after 1 or 4,3,3 gets blocked or crushed.
- Two part mixup: D/B and d+1 beat the 4,3,3, and any option which turns front-facing will make the final hit not guaranteed.
- Opponent can in theory punish with a flash duck into BT 3, but this is impractical.
- Lee must react and stop after 2,2 (or finish the string to beat a punish).
- Opponent must block quickly after the throw then duck punish.
- Lee must react and stop after d/f+3,2.
- Lee can stop at d/f+3,2 but he's still -24 when the high is ducked, so playing for the interrupt is his only hope.
- Mixup between punishing the mid or ducking the high.