|INT (Intimidation) – 3+4
|Fastest CH launch
|Fastest wall splat
Negan is an offensive brute who is both simultaneously easy to play, and very rewarding and resourceful. He has a plethora of very intense high-impact pressure moves and powerful mid attacks coupled with incredible range, while also having some super good fundamental tools to buy himself time and create baiting and punishment opportunities for the player. One second he could be tracking you down with mid and low pokes with solid frames, and the next he could be attempting to pressure his way through your guard.
His "Intimidation" (INT) stance is very important to utilise efficiently and as frequently as possible, as it hosts some of his most powerful and provocative moves. This stance alone contains moves that can condition the opponent in every which way required, however accessing these moves off his raw transition is very slow and ineffective. Luckily, Negan has some excellent opportunities, mainly via his punishment, to go into INT with an often ghastly advantage that is sure to stop opponents in their tracks, primarily bracing for the powerful mid and low options.
His combo game most certainly deserves a proper mention. Negan's combos are pretty much trivial to execute and require very little to no combo optimisation on most of his combos and off most of his launchers. They are simply very consistent and reliable and work from every conceivable situation. Despite this, Negan's combo game has always had possible routes for optimisation since his release in season 2, and has also gotten even more possibilities with the buffs granted in season 3 and 4, where learning the correct combos can net you tons of free damage off of most of his knockdowns and walled situations.
Negan's oki is also terrifyingly good. With some of his key moves, he can be swinging them and they will hit regardless whether you are ducking, attacking, in the air or on the ground, and with fantastic range. In rage he also has access to rage drives that will straight up launch you off the ground, adding more fear into staying grounded irresponsibly versus Negan.
- Excellent punishment
- Very good mid and low poking game
- Incredible high-impact mids in damage and advantage
- Fantastic combos with unreal carry and near to no need for axis optimisation
- Amazing mixups from INT stance
- Fantastic long range pressure, harassment, and CH keepout
- Fantastic oki overall, and terrifying wakeups at the wall
- Armored launchers
- Frames are overall very good
- Excellent lateral movement, great horizontal movement
- Unparriable property on many key moves (bat/knife/knees) including lows
- Many key moves are linear
- No safe CH launcher until i17
- Homing options not very rewarding or slow/risky
- High crush and low crush is slow/risky
- Main lows do not high crush