On the archetypical moves section, are we thinking we'll put some archetypes & link to their pages? If someone creates a link I'd be happy to take a stab at Demon Paw, Hellsweep, etc. Think we already have a Snake Edge page we could link.
- Yeah, pretty much. I think most of them won't need their own page and can just be a section in this one. Can split them up later if the page gets too big. The main thing is that it's made clear (1) where the archetype's name is from (2) what the defining characteristics of the archetype are. It'll probably be difficult to come to a robust answer for the latter in many cases. The main purpose of this page is to complement the Template:Infobox fighter (see e.g. Nina and Lee). It's not essential that we have every move listed for each archtype, but it'd be a nice bonus. RogerDodger (talk) 09:29, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
- Regarding Hellsweeps, my current thoughts is to go with "Power low" to describe any "not easily reactable low that does 28 or more damage on hit". It *might* be more sensible to separate these into Hellsweeps (which don't high crush) and Sweeps (which do). But I'm sure people would dispute that definition—some people say a "sweep" is, in contrast with a hellsweep, borderline reactable (e.g. saying Jin's f,n,d,d/f+4 is a sweep and not a hellsweep). Many people say a "Demoman" is distinct from a sweep by needing clean hit to combo. Similarly, people would surely dispute calling Steve's d/b+3,2 any kind of sweep. Using the term "Power low" at least avoids that can of worms. But it is also a lot less fun. RogerDodger (talk) 09:29, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
Thinking we could use a generic move for "hellsweep," covering things like crouch dash hellsweeps, Lidia/Leroy's hellsweeps, and Noctis/Paul's demoman moves. Could this be added to the available parameters for infoboxes?
- Above unsigned comment added by PhiDX. RogerDodger (talk) 17:08, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
- Have already had some discussion of this over at Talk:Standard move. I think “Power low” as currently defined is the most useful category (i.e. lows that represent a serious mixup threat), but the name sucks. I'd personally like to just call everything that falls under that category a Hellsweep, but I'm sure people would complain about that. ("It's not a hellsweep. It's a slide/demoman/sweep/etc.") Maybe we should write a Hellsweep page similar to the Snake Edge one to address that, i.e. "Under the strictest definition, a Hellsweep must be «exactly the same as Mishimas». Under the loosest definition, a Hellsweep is «current definition for Power low»." RogerDodger (talk) 10:21, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
- Above discussion moved here from Template talk:Infobox fighter/doc. RogerDodger (talk) 17:08, 9 May 2021 (UTC)