Back turned (BT) is a generic stance entered when your back is towards the opponent. During BT it isn't possible to guard or do any normal moves. Sidestepping is less evasive and turns around. Jumping has normal behavior but it isn't possible to hop.
Generic BT moves
- BT.1_2_1+2 - 8f high, -8 / +3 / +3 15dmg
- BT.3_4 - 10f high, -8 / KND W! / KND W! 18dmg
- BT.d+1_2 - 10f special mid -2 / +9 / +9 10dmg
- BT.d+3_4 - 10f low, -11 / +3 / +3 12dmg
- BT.uf+3 - 17f mid, -12 / KND / KND 25dmg
- BT.uf+4 - 17f mid, -12 / Launch / Launch 18dmg
- All attacks and throws turn around immediately. Throws are safer since they aren't likely to eat a counter hit.
- 6 frames to turn and block by holding forward - this lasts for 18[untested] frames until you have to again hold back to continue blocking.
- 7 frames to turn and block with holding back
- 9[untested] frames to turn and block with db,B - this enters crouch state on frame 1 and thus high crushes.
- It takes 7 frames to turn and block if the animation of the attack leaves the 3D model in a neutral back turned state (e.g. Yoshimitsu's f,f+1+2). If the animation favors a specific side (e.g. Yoshimitsu's ws2), turning from that side reduces the time to 6 frames.
Moves that force BT on the opponent:
- Lucky Chloe df+1+2 throw
- Xiayou CH f,F+3
- Generic jump over tech trap
Moves that recover BT:
- Law b+4~b, b+3~b, 2,b+2~b
- Lili f,f+4~b, b+2,1~b, df+2~b
- Armor King 3+4
Characters that can manually enter BT:
- Feng (b+3~4)
- Hwoarang (1+2, has both generic BT and Right Foot Forward BT ((RFF BT))
- Kunimitsu (b+3+4)
- Lei (b+3+4)
- Lili (b+3+4)
- Lucky Chloe (b+3+4)
- Master Raven (b+3+4)
- Xiaoyu (b+3+4, called Rain Dance Stance (RDS))
- Yoshimitsu (3+4, called Meditation (MED))
This table highlights characters that lack certain generic BT moves, regardless of the input. All generic BT moves are accessible to the rest of the cast.
Every character has access to generic BT throws (BT.1+3 and BT.2+4), therefore they're not listed in this table.
- Xiaoyu's BT.3 is remapped to BT.b+3