Master Raven is a versatile, well rounded character. She has an array of strong, tracking pokes which allow her to control the mid range and chip away at her opponent, which works in tandem with her strong keepout moves.
Her unique, versatile crouch dash gives her a variety of approach options and powerful mixups, such as her character defining iWS2 from crouch dash. This is a safe, tracking mid, that launches on counter hit.
She boasts excellent damage output both with and without walls. Master Raven's backturned stance has strong counter hit tools, unique defensive options, good mixup potential and ambiguous backturned throws.
Though improved in Tekken 7, Master Raven is one of the few characters who lacks a standing 15 frame launcher, alongside this her standing 13-14 frame punishers are unremarkable. Furthermore, her 11-13 frame WS punishers are below average; however, this is made up for with her 14 frame WS launcher and excellent low-parry damage potential. She also has a strong set of low pokes and power-lows, the majority of which track well.
Master Raven is highly expressive and the player can decide how they wish to utilise her movelist, she can play safe and look for the round winning counter hit, or go for high risk 50/50s.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- High damage output & great wall-carry
- Great array of tracking tools
- Unique crouch-dash that can be applied exactly like a Mishima Wavedash
- Strong throw game (has 2 throw breaks and a BT throw mixup that's fully ambiguous)
- Strong at various ranges
- Open-ended gameplan which allows for a high degree of player expression. Can be played dry or as unorthodox as the player wishes.
- Below average block punishment
- No low-risk panic buttons
- Lack of plus on block options