|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
|Parry||1+2 (right punches only, usable vs. certain strings)|
|Hopkick||u/f+4 – (i15)|
|Orbital||u/f+3 – (i28)|
Josie is an unorthodox character with powerful space control, punishment and counterhits. However, she has no standard d/f+1 and mediocre frames outside of her Switch stance, which she relies on heavily for poking. Until Season 4 her threatening lows were gated behind FC and CD, but she now has a War Drums.
- Excellent CH capability, from her homing moves and lows to dedicated CH tools like an i12 magic 4 and her jab strings. CH-confirm capability extends this to her basic i13 and i14 mid pokes.
- i13 WS launcher, powerful i14 standing punish that gives a minicombo, only WS4 is less than stellar punishment-wise. Pushback punishment isn't spectacularly rewarding, but is extremely easy and consistent.
- Excellent d/f+2 with high evasion, and solid hopkick, as well as a high crush CH launcher mid.
- Long range on standard pokes, and threatening long range mix-up with CD.
- Good amount of knees and elbows to beat parries, and in general kills mashers, since Switch stance forces quick defensive decisions and she has many strings.
- i13 mid poke has pretty bad frames outside of its string followups, and i14 mid poke forces Switch.
- Threatening lows require setup, encouraging her to counter-hit for respect.
- i13 WS launcher requires execution, and Josie generally benefits from sharp hitconfirming.
- While Switch stance can be explosive with correct reads, it can also quickly get you blown up with incorrect ones.