|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
|Reversal||b+1+3_b+2+4 (high or mid punches)|
|Lore||Armor King II|
Armor King excels at whiff punishment and block punishment utilizing his wavedash, Dark Upper, and handful of long range and damaging attacks. He also has a complete set of pokes, with a nice set of counterhit tools to go with them. When he has his opponent blocking, Armor King has some of the best throws in the game.
When Armor King gets a launch on an opponent with one of his damaging normal or counterhit launchers, he is rewarded with very solid damage on many of his combos.
Armor King lacks incredible mids and does not gain good frame advantage on block easily, but is able to play a solid fundamental based Tekken game. Players will be able to leverage core Tekken mechanics to maximize AK's potential.
- Strong standing and whiff punishment
- Complete throw game
- Good variety of pokes
- Mishima style crouch enabling wave dash mixups/added tracking
- Strong CH tools
- Good suite of lows from power lows (FFn2) to low pokes (d3/d4)
- Execution required for higher damage combos/whiff punishment
- No crouching punish option from i12 to i14
- Awkward sidestep/wide hurtbox
- Needs to take risks if he wants to keep momentum
- No scary power mid to make opponent fear for their life when they duck
- Armor King Discord
- Armor King Basics by JDCR
- Video guide by That Blasted Salami
- Basics guide by Xiang Part 1, Part 2, Part 3