|Armor King (Tekken 7)
|Fastest CH launch
|Fastest wall splat
|b+1+3_b+2+4 (high or mid punches)
|Armor King II
Armor King possesses a good arsenal of pokes, counterhit tools, long-range high-damaging moves, and a great whiff punisher in Dark Upper. Combining these tools with good movement and his wavedash makes Armor King a whiff punishment and (standing) block punishment monster.
Armor King also has a nice set of counterhit tools that reward him with very solid damage on their subsequent combos. Once he has his opponent sitting still and blocking, Armor King can open them up with some of the best throws in the game.
What Armor King lacks is incredible mids and the ability to easily gain good frame advantage on block. However, he is still able to play a solid fundamentals-based Tekken game. Players should leverage core Tekken mechanics to maximize AK's potential.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- Strong standing and whiff punishment
- Complete throw game
- Good variety of pokes
- Mishima style crouch enabling wave dash mixups/added tracking
- Strong CH tools
- Good suite of lows, from power lows (FFn2) to low pokes (d3/d4)
- Execution required for higher damage combos/whiff punishment
- No crouching punish option from i12 to i14
- Awkward sidestep/wide hurtbox
- Needs to take risks if he wants to keep momentum
- No scary power mid to make opponent fear for their life when they duck
- Armor King Discord
- Armor King Basics by JDCR
- Video guide by That Blasted Salami
- Basics guide by Xiang Part 1, Part 2, Part 3