From Wavu Wiki, the 🌊 wavy Tekken wiki
|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
Yoshimitsu is a wildly unconventional trickster who zigzags the rules of Tekken. Outside of powerful stance-based 50/50s, his main demand is creativity. He is a slippery character able to play a retreating spacing game, heal himself, and escape his opponent's pressure in unexpected ways. However, his conventional tools tend to range from average to mediocre. This includes most of his punishment.
Fortunately he has a deep movelist with many hidden properties to make up for this. If you want to bamboozle your opponent and use a bespoke hammer for each individual nail, there is no better character.
- Unique Punishment. Yoshimitsu can launch punish or interrupt a collection of usually-safe moves using Flash or Manji Evade.
- Fast Unblockables. Core to Yoshimitsu's wall-based okizeme and overall mixup game.
- Special Movement. Meditation backdash cancel and Manji Evade are unusually evasive.
- Irritating Keepout. Meditation stance cancel, long-range mids with pushback, and high-crushing moves make it difficult for opponents to just dash in.
- Unique Punishment. Yoshimitsu requires in-depth match-up knowledge to use tools like Flash and Manji Evade to effect.
- Weak Framedata. Key pokes lack frame advantage on hit, or are particularly sour on block.
- Weak Backdash. Single backdash distance is poor.
- Unsafe Lateral Control. His key tracking moves are unsafe on block.
- Weak Pressure. He requires a knockdown in order to continue pressing an opponent.
- Weak Jab.