|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
|Reversal||b+1+3 (high/mid punch/kick)|
Paul is a defensive character whose appearance deceptively implies a high powered brawler. While he does have the potential for explosive damage, his style is not so much going hard on pressure as it is quickly switching between hyper aggression and hyper defense.
His df+2 is notorious for its evasiveness, being able to beat highs precisely when opponents are most interested in using them.
The iconic moves Deathfist (qcf+2) and Demoman (d+4,2:1+2) make up one of Tekken's most classic mixups. Deathfist is also well-feared for its speed and power—dealing far more damage in one hit than anything else in its class—and its pushback makes it frustratingly tricky to punish.
- Huge comeback potential
- Suffocating keepout with qcb+4, qcb2, df2
- Variety of safe on block launchers and CH launchers
- Fastest homing move in the game with b1
- Potent evasive moves
- Full punishment suite
- Strong coverage (moves often cover a variety of options, opponent rarely has a clean answer)
- Loose pressure Paul will often have gaps in his pressure where he can be challenged, so he relies primarily on timing, neutral, and wall pressure
- Clean motion inputs needed for neutral tools and combos
- Has a sway stance off d,db,b so you need a clean backdash cancel
- Clean hit requirement for DemoMan has short range.
- Weak Oki outside of the wall.