|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
|Parry||b+1+2 (high or mid punch)|
Hwoarang is one of the most polarizing characters in the game. With three stances that each make up almost an entire movelist on their own, learning him is like learning four characters at once.
Using all his moves effectively unleashes a high pressure beast with access to countless moves that are fast and have absurd frame advantage on block.
As if that weren't enough, he is one of the privileged few who can wave dash, and while it's not as scary as a mishima he still threatens big damage at low risk with ws4,4 and ws3. This combined with JFSR and d+3,4 for mixups backed by various keepout buttons make him just as solid in neutral.
Contrary to the disinfo of downplayers everywhere, Hwoarang doesn't have bad tracking. In almost all of his pressure he has strong options for dealing with steps. The situations where he is weak to steps are things like 1,2,3 or 1,2,4 on block where he should be at a disadvantage anyway.
- Noob shredder.
- Crazy plus frames off fast moves.
- Flexible combos and wall carry.
- Insane wall pressure with a plus-on-block wall bounce and inescapable stance pressure.
- One of the best whiff punishers in the game (b+3).
- Hard to get used to with effectively four movelists in one.
- Always mashing and has no elbows or knees, so has trouble vs parries.
- Lots of execution barriers to reach his full potential.
- No generic d+4 makes it hard to defend and keep people in check.
- Can't block during RFS or LFS, so have to be careful of rage arts.
- Weak vs characters with good movement or evasion to escape the pressure.
- Hwoarang Discord
- Text Guide by: Frontier
- Essential Combo List by: Frontier
- Tracking List by: Froniter
- Text Guide by: Ardo
- Text Guide by: NoName
- Text Guide by: PuzzleBryon
- Basics guide by Xiang Part 1, Part 2, Part 3