|Mid, i15, +6
This page is for Tekken 8. For Tekken 7, see Dragunov (Tekken 7).
"Dragunov is an aggressive rushdown character who wants to get in close and smother opponents with a relentless assault of pokes and heavy-hitting power mids. If you dare to challenge him, you open yourself up to his punishment, and if you run away, you'll quickly find your back to the wall. Dragunov forces you to make decisions, and makes you pay dearly for choosing incorrectly."
- That Blasted Salami. "Sergei Dragunov Overview." YouTube, 29 March 2020.
Going into Tekken 8, Dragunov benefits heavily from easier instant while running inputs, allowing him to reliably apply WR2 pressure at any range. In addition to this, his combo damage is now exceptionally high, boasting a much improved wall combo alongside his strong wall carry. In the neutral, new lows such as db+3+4 allow him to open his opponent up far easier.
- Chilling Mids: Drag has many excellent plus mids, including Blizzard Hammer and wr2. He also has a great throw game with the unique Tackle to catch standing opponents.
- While Running 2: An absolutely exceptional move in almost every way. It's a mid, is super plus, has solid damage, launches on counterhit, and deals chip on block. If Dragunov lands this move, he benefits in some way.
- Big Damage: Drag's average damage is beyond most of the cast. He gets good corner carry and has many solid wall strings for ending combos.
- Long Limbs: Due to his lanky arms and legs, Dragunov can effectively play keepout or chip away at his opponents with good low pokes.
- Please Block: Long startup on some plus frames makes him susceptible to being counterhit. 121 is his only real counterhit tool outside of iWr2.
- Please Stay Still: Drag has many linear moves that are particularly weak to sidestep right. This includes wr2.
- Mids Dispenser: All of Drag's offensive potential is loaded into his mids and throw. He lacks a good knockdown low to start snowballing with, though thankfully his punish tools are great.
|Characters (Tekken 8)