|Fastest launch||i14 – EWGF|
|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
Devil Jin is the most well-rounded mishima—that is to say he has all of their strengths with none of their weaknesses. There is no tool he lacks, and on top of being a jack-of-all-trades his options are often best-in-class.
He's unique in having an unreactable low launcher from standing that leads to a full juggle. (The only other comparable moves are Jin's CD.4 which can't get a wall combo and is borderline reactable, and Anna's FC.df+2~1 which is done from crouch.) This makes all of his mid pokes much stronger than they appear, since the opponent has to duck a lot more than usual.
- Simple neutral plan: EWGF for keepout and whiff punishment, uf+4 and CD.4 for mixup
- Flexible toolbox that allows him to adapt to the opponent (deathmatch monster)
- Strong whiff and block punishment, standing and from crouch.
- Doesn't need to block punish -15 moves with EWGF (can do d+3+4)
- Strong panic move in u+4 which is also very hard to punish
- Absurd wall pressure (f+1+2, f,F+2)
- Safe mid extensions on key mid pokes (ws1, df+1)
- Laser scraper (b,f+2) covers his weak side
- Weak to SSL
- Execution barrier behind some key techniques
- ws2 gives a bad combo
- No safe mid launcher
- Slow/weak CH game
- Basics guide by Xiang Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Full Guide on Devil Jin with in-depth discussion by Cassan