|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
|Remapped||d+3 → db+3|
Devil Jin is the most well-rounded Mishima—that is to say he has many of their strengths with few of their weaknesses. There is no tool he lacks in theory, and on top of being a jack-of-all-trades his options are often best-in-class.
He's unique in having an unreactable low launcher from standing that leads to a full juggle. The only other comparable moves are Jin's CD.df+4 which can't get a wall combo and is borderline reactable, and Anna's FC.df+2~1 which is done from crouch. This makes all of Devil Jin's mid pokes much stronger than they appear, since the opponent has to duck a lot more than usual. His opponents are further encouraged to duck because of the threat of his excellent and versatile highs; particularly Electric Wind God Fist and Flash Punch Combo.
- Simple neutral plan: EWGF for keepout and whiff punishment, CD.df+4 and various mids for mixup.
- Flexible toolbox that allows him to adapt to the opponent (deathmatch monster).
- Strong whiff and block punishment, standing and from crouch.
- Doesn't need to block punish -15 moves with EWGF (can do d+3+4).
- Strong panic move in u+4 which is also very hard to punish.
- Absurd wall pressure (f+1+2, f,F+2, etc.).
- Safe mid extensions on key mid pokes (ws1, df+1).
- Laser Cannon (b,f+2) covers his weak side.
- Weak to SSL.
- Execution barrier behind some key techniques.
- ws2 gives a bad combo.
- No safe mid launcher.
- Slow/weak CH game.
- Somewhat predictable gameplan.
- Basics guide by Xiang Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Full Guide on Devil Jin with in-depth discussion by Cassan