|Stances||DSS – d+1+2|
|Fastest CH launch|
|Fastest wall splat|
Law is a close range, poking based character with strong neutral tools and above-average block punishment. His extensive moveset allows for flexibility in terms of playstyle - shifting between aggressive sticky pressure with f+1+2, db+3 and b+4, forcing counter hit situations with his i10 1,2,3 and i11 Magic 4; and a mix of backdashing and whiff punishment with 3+4,4 and b+2,1.
At lower levels of play, his plethora of strings and panic tools have earned him a notorious reputation online - but all of these are extremely risky and heavily punishable once one is more familiar with the matchup. His more advanced techniques require the use of DSS - a unique stance that allows cancelling the recovery of certain moves - this is mainly utilized in combos, but can occasionally be used for pressure.
In general, all of this combined makes Law a very strong character suitable to many players. However, he does face challenges making life-lead comebacks without counter hits - which means a patient opponent can be difficult to open up. This is exacerbated by Law possessing one of the worse rage drives in the game, and also having poor range on some of his key pokes (df+1). In general, he struggles to approach from range 1.5+, having very limited options for good approach tools and prefers to stay point blank.
- Excellent pressure tools with Dragon Hammer (f+1+2) and db+3
- Unseeable lows from slide to Banana Peel
- Incredible whiff and standing i14 punish with 3+4,4
- Safe df+2 with strong tracking
- Strong punishment suite
- 11f Magic 4
- Execution intensive, Dragon Sign Stance cancels are mandatory for his better combos and pressure.
- Awkward approach, not many strong moves that serve as easy approach options
- A poor, slow Rage Drive makes mounting a comeback awkward compared to characters with a "standard" rage drive
- Marshall Law Guide by Landon D, on the DashFight YouTube channel
- Law Discord
- Basics guide by Xiang Part 1, Part 2, Part 3