|i18 - l,m,th
This page is for Tekken 8. For Tekken 7, see Kazuya (Tekken 7).
Kazuya is Tekken boiled down to its essentials. Block a move. Punish it. Go for Okizeme. He plays a high-risk, high-reward style using the traditional Mishima tools of Hellsweep and Left Splits Kick. Tekken 8 has given him some safer options in f,F+2 & d+1+2 as well as enormous rewards in Heat.
His heat system is akin to his devil transformation from previous games. It powers up a large amount of his stable moves. The Hellsweep deals more damage and floor breaks. f,F+2 now launches via heatdash. CD3, a common combo ender, deals better damage and gives better okizeme. Additionally, he gains access to a panic move in 1+4, and db+3+4~df enables okizeme.
- Mishima Bloodline: As a Mishima, Kazuya has access to their excellent suite of specials and command normals. EWGF, Hellsweep, wave dash and Left Splits Kick are all best in class tools and make him well rounded.
- Mixup Machine: Left Splits Kick and Hellsweep combine to give Kazuya 50/50 mixups at all times. Both options lead to good damage and can even allow him to loop setups if given the chance.
- Incredible Punish Game: Flash Punch Combo is the best i10 punish string in the game, and his i13 and i15 punish tools (ws1,2 and EWGF) both lead to exceptional damage.
- EWGF: Arguably the single best move in all of Tekken. Good range, plus on block, deals chip, and launches for a full combo. Keep out and pressure extraordinaire.
- Devil: Kazuya's Heat gives him access to unique extensions for greater damage. His Heat Smash is also an improved Hellsweep for better mixups.
- Weak To Sidestep Left: As with all Mishimas, Kaz is very weak to being stepped. EWGF in particular has this baked in as a weakness.
- Bad Pokes: Kazuya has many minus strings and his pokes are very stubby. It can be difficult for him to make his way in without taking substantial risk.
- Devil's Finesse: Kazuya's gameplan requires some unconventional execution to be performed very consistently. While his execution is not too far beyond other characters, Kazuya demands a higher level of consistency than almost any other character on the roster, making him difficult to play. His players must have a basic ability to wavedash or perform EWGF to survive at higher levels of play.
|Characters (Tekken 8)